Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cantore Feels, Act II

To me this act was really just a delay for Hamlet's revenge; however, I get a feeling that the rest of the play is going to be similar. Shakespeare creates a sense of lethargy and distraction through the things that the characters say, i.e. when Polonius won't just get to the point when he is talking to the King and Queen. Oh, and side note: Polonius is annoying and needs to shut up. He thinks that he's soooo clever and educated, but everyone really just wishes he would be quiet. We are able to see the beginnings of misunderstanding in this act as well, what with Polonius and the King both coming up with their own theories as to why Hamlet is upset and with Hamlet staging the play as a sort of set up for his uncle. It was hard for me to get through the Aeneid part because I really didn't understand any of it, nor could I discern what the purpose of it was. All in all I thought that it was a fairly interesting act, but I liked Act I more because it moved a little faster and contained more action, whereas this act was really more about character and story development. 

xoxo, Rachel Cantore

No comments:

Post a Comment