Thursday, November 1, 2012

Cantore Feels

The general consensus of my reaction to Act I is that I love Shakespeare, he's incredibly clever and it makes me smile. I also think that Hamlet is much more complex than the other to Shakespearian works that I've read, Rome and Juliet and Othello (both of which I thoroughly enjoyed). I can see why Hamlet is so studied and why his character is controversial in literature. I mean, it's Act I and he already seems like a pretty screwed up guy. The way that Shakespeare writes the lines for each character does an impeccable job of characterizing them. It's interesting because its not like normal writing, there are no descriptions of their appearance, only the words that they speak. Yet I'm able to so clearly picture the characters and their mannerisms with ease, merely through the tones that Shakespeare creates for each unique person. It's incredible and I can't wait to see what happens next. Oh and I liked Laertes's mustache. #RichBoyStatus

xoxo, Rachel Cantore


No comments:

Post a Comment