Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sam Slug's feelings....



I thoroughly enjoyed the Act I of Hamlet, despite some initial hesitation. I actually thought that the story line was pretty simple to follow, even though some of the wording and language sometimes required careful attention. In some parts I have honestly no clue what is going on, but as I continue to read it all made sense in the end. Shakespeare's characterization of Hamlet in this act was very effective. The introduction of Hamlet in an aside regarding his thoughts about his uncle could not have been better. I also found the scene with Hamlet and the ghost of his father to be very interesting, partially because of the discussion of heaven and hell, and partially because of the humorous implications that the ghost's description of his brother's "natural gifts". Act I has prepared me for what to expect in the rest of the play, and I am looking forward to seeing what will happen next.-Sam Slug


The manatee agrees with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment