Sunday, November 11, 2012

Personal Reaction - Tevie Slug

PERSONAL REACTION

Act III is definitely my favorite act so far. First of all, I'm a sucker for beautiful, flowery language and this act was full of it. The suicide soliloquy has just got to be the most powerful 32 lines ever written about mankind's struggle with life and death and the meaning of it all. It just makes so much sense to me, despite some of the slightly unfamiliar language. Basically...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdb8nyI3pj1r5nt1v.gif 

Also, I just have such a deep empathy for Hamlet and all that he's going through. I mean, can you blame the man for going crazy or pretending to under circumstances like these? I know I can't. His mom and uncle have just screwed him over and now he's dealing with such an intense moral dilemma, all after having to cope with his dear father's death. Maybe it's my intense appreciation for Kenneth Branagh and his beautiful face, but I really just hope Hamlet kills his stupid old uncle and makes up with Ophelia and lives happily ever after. And to Queen Gertrude:

 http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md9jfwSvLX1rvkyn3.gif 


So ye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment